Sooke Philharmonic Orchestra Fling Concert a Real Treat [Video]

The Sooke Philharmonic Orchestra put on a simply amazing concert in Ed Macgregor Park this Sunday. Since hearing about the Sooke Philharmonic, I’d always meant to attend one of their concerts, and now I know what I’ve been missing. I don’t pretend to know the first thing about classical music. I don’t know my WagnersContinue reading “Sooke Philharmonic Orchestra Fling Concert a Real Treat [Video]”

Sooke Events: Sooke Fine Arts Show 2008

One of the most highly anticipated events of the year in Sooke is the Sooke Fine Arts show. The premier juried art exhibition on Vancouver Island runs this year starting July 26th at 10:00am until August 4th. The event attracts many local Sooke artists, as well as other talented creators from around Vancouver Island andContinue reading “Sooke Events: Sooke Fine Arts Show 2008”

Sooke Events: Symphony Fling

The Sooke Philharmonic Orchestra will be performing their very popular annual “Fling” open-air pops concert on Sunday, July 13th, 2008 at 2:30. This free summer event is always very well attended and takes place in beautiful Ed Macgregor Park. I’m willing to bet that many readers out there didn’t know we even had an orchestraContinue reading “Sooke Events: Symphony Fling”

Sooke’s Sunriver Estates launches The Pointe Townhomes This Weekend

On our weekly MLS® tour yesterday, we were invited to Sooke’s popular master-planned community, Sunriver Estates to view their first multi-family development, the Pointe. The Pointe is a 4-unit-per-building townhouse complex, with 32 units sitting on 7 acres on a peninsula which juts out from De Mamiel Drive and is surrounded by the steep banksContinue reading “Sooke’s Sunriver Estates launches The Pointe Townhomes This Weekend”

Warning About a Creep in Sooke, Victoria, Colwood!

From an e-mail I received moments ago: st1:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:”Table Normal”; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:””; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:”Calibri”,”sans-serif”; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:”Times New Roman”; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:”Times New Roman”; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} Just to let you gals know that there is a guy withContinue reading “Warning About a Creep in Sooke, Victoria, Colwood!”

A Fresh Look, A New Direction

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope that I’ve gone the right way here in moving from WordPress.com to my own self-hosted WordPress installation. I have ideas and things I want to do with this blog that go beyond what WordPress.com could do for me, including the new theme and layout. Inspired byContinue reading “A Fresh Look, A New Direction”

Screw The CRD and Sewage Treatment – Move To Sooke!

Taking a page from Ian Watt, I give my comments (while driving) about the CRD’s sewage treatment plans and about why you should move to Sooke and avoid all this mess! The B.C. Government finally released their highly-anticipated sewage report, which states as expected by the CRD that resource recovery like heat and irrigation waterContinue reading “Screw The CRD and Sewage Treatment – Move To Sooke!”

Sooke RCMP Warn about Stolen Locksmithing Equipment

This is a little alarming! Apparently, a Price’s Alarm Service van was stolen in Victoria over the weekend of April 19th. The van was recovered in Metchosin today, but ALL THE SECURITY AND LOCKSMITHING EQUIPMENT WAS GONE. So, some crook or group of crooks is now in possession of a key-cutting machine, lock pin setsContinue reading “Sooke RCMP Warn about Stolen Locksmithing Equipment”

The Big Rock Show – In Sooke!

Last Saturday night was a real treat for our town. I must admit, I was a little skeptical about a rock concert in our little community. But 70’s and 80’s Canadian rockers Prism put on an energetic show at the Sooke Community Hall. Mark Anderson of KB Productions put the show together in an effortContinue reading “The Big Rock Show – In Sooke!”